HOME > Culture and Tourism > mountains (forest baths) > Surisan
Surisan forms a boundary between the cities of Anyang, Gunpo, and Ansan. The mountain is 489 meters above sea level. From the top of Surisan you can get a clear view of the entirety of Ansan. Around Surisan one can fine are the found the other mountains of Gwanaksan, Suamsan, and Gunja peak. Because the mountain is small and not steep, it is sought out by families with children and women mountain climbers.
There are 3 forest paths where you can take in the forest air. The first starts from Byeongmokan in Anyang-9 dong and crosses the mountain then ends in Sangnok Maeul (“village”). The second ends at the plaza for the second meeting place by the stone pagoda (gongu budae ipgu (the entrance to gongu budae)). And, the third forest path goes from the plaza to Suam peak.
Location : It stretches across Anyang-dong of Anyang; Sanbon-dong, Sokdal-dong of Gunpo; and Banwol-dong, Jangsang-dong of Ansan.
Mountain hiking course
- Mountain hiking course #1
- Byeongmokan Citizen’s Park→ stone pagoda → baekyoung mineral spring → gwanmo bong (peak) → Taeul bong (peak) → Suam bong (peak) → Byeongmokan Citizen’s Park
- distance : 13.4km, time : approx. 3 hrs. 30mins.
- Mountain hiking course #2
- Byeongmokan Citizen’s Park → stone pagoda → Han maeum playground → Suri Stream mineral spring → Sangnok Maeul (village)
- distance : 7.6km, time : approx. 1 hrs. 30mins.
- Mountain hiking course #3
- Byeongmokan Citizen’s Park → stone pagoda → first observation tower → second observation tower → Jangsu ongtal spring → plaza for the 2nd meeting place
- distance : 5.2km, time : approx. 2 hours
- Mountain hiking course #4
- plaza for the second meeting (gongu budae ipgu (the entrance to gongu budae)) → Suam bong (peak) → Tambae chon (“cigarette/tobacco village”) (Choi Kyeonghwan Holy Monument)
- distance : 4.0km, time : approx 2 hrs.